Faculty Meeting 1/28/15
Faculty Meeting Notes
Staff Meeting January 28, 2014
Day of the Heart: Friday, February 13, 2015
- 3-5 min. performance.
- Photo Booth (Any fun props top hats, neckties, etc.
- Peace Flag
- Checker station
- Word Search
- Tic Tac Toe,
- Sensory Station Essential oils, music
- Waltzing/Waltz lessons for older students
- Volunteers for centers
- E-mail to parents for volunteers: announcement for newsletters
- High School Rewards—Any HS. (Get ideas for H.S. involvement)
- Request for Wednesday before
- Science stations
- Appreciations Station
Recap of meeting yesterday 1/27/15
- Grant committee
- Sign on Broadway
- Blind Pig,
- Odyssey business or brand
Raised 20,000 from community
- Local family without children in the program/ Matching donation 30, 000.
- Still need to raise 36, 000. Ask each family 725. 00. Admin will connect with every family and possibly sponsor other other families/ scholarship for this fund. Some donations already today. Thermometer will track progress out front.
- Be a compassionate ear for families that cannot give. Encourage them to check with admin for alternative giving options such as sponsoring, payment plan with 3 payments
- Moonwalks the length of the gym when we reach that goal.
- Connect with alumni has already happened.
- Budgets will be made at next month’s board meeting. We have been frugal and are looking at individual line items.
Visit the Future Open House/Brainstorm
- Pie Social, food, pie, tea, lemonade,
- Interactive Games in Classrooms
- Gathering in 1st ten minutes
- Student Performance
- Combine with a Festival/Day of the Herat Performance
- Teacher Presentations
- Scavenger Hunt
- Trifold walk-through to create a long view/samples of work, slideshow, work samples
Same idea –teachers stay in their classrooms.
Mini-presentations/mini lessons/slideshow on projector/ teacher presentation/ studetns available. ( Sign-up in advance)
- Movie night for kids. Each classroom had an activity,
- Continuous slideshow in Smart Board Room
- Present parents could collaborate with prospective parents
- Recycle already made games/ curricular tools, work samples
- Incentive for parents /volunteer hours.
- Sell copies of the music video/Burned CD/
- Percentage of parents that show up for a pizza party.
- Coupons from grocery or restaurant.
- Door prizes
- What makes this grade level Integral/design
- Make it on the weekend and make it an event
- On a Weekend event, that would bring people in, Free Planet Radio, River’s band, Billy Jonas, etc.
- Games and activity on a fun Day
- 2-3 minute performance from each grade level,
- Social and Mingling
- Short combined session: What is Integral and What is Design.
- 2 sessions Childcare with work samples
- Combined with Raffle/Night of the Arts.
- Kids greeting prospective families at the door and
- General introduction.
- Photo Scavenger hunt: Take a picture of buddy, music performance, art work and ceramics, lab, something to highlight the gym, fish in aquaphonics, slide shows art work displays, etc.
- (Each classroom have a 5 item scavenger hunt for children with parents/bumper sticker)
- Parents break and go into individual classrooms. Parents and students
- Sample lesson,
- Pie social in evening. Prizes and drawings
- Students guides
- Meet and greet, food and tables, sign in, door prizes, name tags,
- Scavenger hunt
- Questions and prizes, prospective parents join up with new parents. Questions could be clues for a prize ( coffee, tea, students make hand-made scarves, etc.)
- Centering or interactive game, slide show, faculty poem video, pair up prospective parents with new parents explain buddy program.
- Move to classroom. Students talk about their experience of those classes.
- Poll everyone to see what the experience was for a feedback loop.
- Presentation during Day of the Heart.
- Each teacher share knowledge and it might showcase their program. Showcasing 1 of the Strand. This is how the strand or strands are addressed in
- This is how Integral is addressed; This is how Design is addressed. This is how This is how the Strands are addressed.
- Incentive is getting kids involved
- Megan–Really short introduction
- Teachers do a very short presentation in teaching teams (2-3)
- Staff poem and/or middle school video
- In student orientation, do more Presentation and less interactive to move things a little faster
- Talk about buddies. Pair up parents from different grade levels or old/ new families.
- Students perform Day of the Heart (1/2 to 45 min) or as guides
- Then go back to the classrooms
- Computers with mini-mester films, poems, classroom videos on computers with ear phones in the back of the gym
- In K-1 have the Pre-K faculty in the play area and Samata and I are talking to parents
- Classroom scavenger hunts 5 things with bumper stickers
- Presentation with work samples and slides or video (Can be used in Open Houses to come)
- Parents engage with current students.
- MS or HS students running a game for new student visitors. Gym set up as a dedicated play area or visit classroom that they are visiting with a child care option. Calder and HS students can earn points by planning game centers as a reflection of the buddy thing.