Applying Step-by-Step in Odyssey’s Pre-K
We strive at Odyssey to make your child’s first impression of school an optimal and wonderfully positive experience! Eligibility for Odyssey’s pre-Kindergarten program include(s):
- Students aged 3.5 (or 42 months) to kindergarten age. Parents are welcome and encouraged to apply in anticipation of a start at 3.5, but we do not accept children younger than 3.5.
- Students able to attend (5) days, M-F from 9 AM to 2 PM. Due to health protocols, Odyssey does not have openings for (2) or (3) day enrollment.
- Potty-trained students. The rare accident happens, however in general our facilities and teacher ratios require fully potty trained students.
- Full tuition paying families. Odyssey does not provide school-sponsored financial aid in the pre-K.
- Spot availability. Waitlists are frequent in the pre-K. It’s a good idea to apply well ahead of spring deadlines for the year you seek.
Step 1: Inquire
Submit an inquiry and schedule a tour to let Odyssey admissions staff know of your interest. We will respond and offer opportunities to connect for a tour, introductory call, or Zoom meeting. Please be aware that Odyssey’s pre-K routinely has a waiting pool of interested applicants. It is in your interest to apply well ahead of stated dates and to canvas for backup plans should we be unable to accept your child due to program and space limitations.
Step 2: Tour the School
Join our Admissions Director for a school tour and/or open house as part of our admission program. Both in-person and virtual opportunities are available. Rsvps for our group Open House and Meet the Teacher virtual gatherings will open in early January.
Step 3: Apply
If you like what you saw and heard on the tour or in a presentation, then by all means apply! Our pre-K Application is hosted by Jotforms and asks questions particular to your child’s development. If your child was waitlisted in the current year, please be sure to inform Kristin Harkey, Admissions Director that you specifically want your child’s application to be reviewed for next year’s seats.
Step 4: Student Visits in the Pre-K
Pre-K is such a special time in your little one’s development and we want to support your family in finding the best fit. After you tour and apply, you will be contacted to schedule a minimum three up to five day visit.
The visit period is beneficial for both your family and our program. During the visit, we get to know one another, learning if our program is the right fit for your family and educational goals. Our teachers also begin to attune to your child, supporting her or him in having a soft landing into the classroom. We hope that you gain reflections from your child, and they feel welcomed and comfortable. After your child finishes the visit week, and together, we agree that we are a great fit for your family, you will then sign a contract.
Step 5: Final Conversation
Throughout the visit, you, the Admissions Director, and our teachers are in close communication about mutual expectations, and by this step, it is the rare case that a student is not admitted. By the end of the visit, you will be made aware of next steps which include signing the tuition contract.
- What are the hours of the formal school day? The school day starts at 9 AM and ends at 2 PM.
- Does Odyssey offer care earlier than 9 AM? The earliest a child can be dropped off at Odyssey is 8:30 AM, and there will be a modest fee added to your invoices for beforecare.
- Does Odyssey offer aftercare? Yes! For parents who need to collect a child later in the day, interactive aftercare is provided by enthusiastic caregivers on site until 6:00 pm. Pre-k children are treated to extra time with caring adults and their friends, exploring the playground, playing group games, creating artwork, reading stories together, and having meaningful fun.The pre-k aftercare group may be combined with kindergarten aged children, but these cohorts are separate from the older grades. Before and after school care is available year-round, even during the summer camp season. Please review the tuition schedule for rates.
- How large is Odyssey’s pre-k class? We are licensed to have a total of 21 students with (3) early childhood care professionals (a ratio of 7:1), however in an effort to better provide social distancing, we’ve capped the classroom at 16 (a ratio of 5:1).
- Do the pre-k students nap? We maintain a 40 minute ‘rest’ or ‘quiet’ time after lunch. The children have their own cots and relax in a spacious room. For children who no longer nap, there are books and stuffies, but we do try to maintain a regularly scheduled restful time.
Important Admissions Links:
- Admissions Overview & Important Dates
- Inquire: Schedule an In-person or Virtual Campus Tour
- Applying Step-by-Step in Odyssey’s pre-K (you are here)
- Applying Step-by-Step K – 12th
- Financial Aid & Affordability