Asheville’s best kept secret!
Odyssey School has a junior Olympic-sized pool and memberships are open to the community! Lap swim (one lane) is an option during all pool hours.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting new memberships for the 2020 season.
Bringing a friend? Members can click here to pay our visitor’s fee.
Summer 2020: COVID-19 Policies
We are delighted to provide our community an option for swimming this summer. Our Governor’s office has provided interim guidance for re-opening swimming pools, which we are following to create the safest possible experience for our members. These guidelines are subject to change and we are committed to staying current with best practices to keep our staff and members safe. Upon joining, new members will receive the most updated list of policies and the link to register for daily swim slots. There is of course inherent risk with any shared space, and we will follow and enforce these guidelines to the best of our ability to minimize that risk. There is great value in cultivating joyous and peaceful outdoor experiences together!
· You will see the reduced “Emergency Maximum Capacity” of both the pool enclosure and the water. We will allow up to 45 members on our pool deck and up to 26 members in the water at any given time. These maximums are calculated based on square footage.
· You will see signage reminding members to maintain physical distancing (staying at least 6 feet away from others).
· Our lifeguards will perform ongoing and routine environmental cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas (e.g., doors, rails) with an EPA approved disinfectant for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19), and increase disinfection during peak times.
· We will conduct daily symptom screening of employees at entrance to workplace with immediately sending symptomatic workers home to isolate. Employees who have symptoms when they arrive at work or become sick during the day will immediately be separated from other employees, members, and guests and sent home.
· All chairs and lounges designated for use will be spaced at least 6 feet apart; unless the patrons are a family unit from the same household. Our pool deck will be marked so chairs and lounges can be maintained at proper distances.
· You will see marks on the floors of restrooms and locker rooms to indicate proper social distancing. Because not all our sinks are 6 feet apart, we will limit use to every other sink.
· We will provide marks on the ground outside of the check in area to promote social distancing if a line develops.
· We will mark off a six-foot perimeter around lifeguard chairs when deck space allows.
· We will provide cleaning supplies for members to disinfect tables, chairs and lounges between use.
· We offer a contact-less entry options, using phone app technology to allow members to pay guest fees. Guards will check members in verbally.
· Lifeguards will wear pocket masks to eliminate mouth to mouth contact in case resuscitation is needed.
· Our lifeguards and maintenance staff will stay 6 feet away from members and each other to the extent possible.
· We kindly ask that members limit the use to one swimmer at a time in our lap lane. When a swim coach is present and provides lessons, coaching, or overseeing a swim practice, swimmers per lane may be increased from one per lane to two. Social distancing must still be practiced to the extent possible within the swim lane.
· We will systematically and frequently check and refill hand sanitizers (at least 60% alcohol) present at entrance and assure soap and hand drying materials are at sinks.
If you have any questions about these protocols, our swim slot system, or anything pool related, please contact us!