Full-Time Faculty Meeting, 10/14/15
Potential Pumpkin Carving Contest:
- Do we want to do it this year? The kids love it.
- Fall Centering committee/admin be judges.
- Pumpkins displayed that day and taken home.
- Teachers will collect the ballots and turned into Jen.
Fall Centering Committee Report
- Order of the day: Flute music, story, go outside on a costume parade, take a picture with buddies in costume and find leaves for leaf print activities in the café with buddies.
- Vote for a pumpkin (pumpkins on the counter).
- Each buddy gets to get a leaf print. (9:30 AM-10:30AM)
- Cassidy will be the photographer. Cory wants her to download those photos before she leaves
- Costumes are to be appropriate for a buddy
- Grandparents Start at 9 AM-10 AM with Admin. Welcome A grandparent who can talk about the grade levels
- 10:00-11:30: Pre-K in classroom
- 10:00-11:30 Early K/-4/5 will move through 3 center activities.
- Students will interview grandparents on chrome book and e-mailed.
- Art activity tracing hands with grandparents
- Scavenger hunt with grandparents throughout the campus
- MS and HS Allison is representing that age level. There are several students who don’t have local grandparents. Cory suggested that these students may want to work on semester projects.
- At the younger grades, grandparents can “adopt” other children for the day. HS/MS can have a significant older adult (not a boyfriend or girlfriend) come in lieu of a grandparent.
- If a parent really wants to come and enjoy the day with their child, that is fine.
- 11:30: Students return to class. Grandparents will go into the Café for integral presentation and community centering for adults
- 12:15: Lunch with students
- Contact Information will be collected.
- (Cory, Robin, Ellen, Samata, and Allison are the committee)
- 2:00 Student-led talent show.
- During the outside time, the Pre-K wants to make sure that there is a play space for the Pre-K.
- Pre-K : Friday market stakes, coffee, plant, jam, etc.
- Early K/1: Bake Sale minus pies and Face Painting
- 2/3: craft can buy the craft process or can buy the completed craft
- 4/5 chard smoothies and craft ornaments
- MS: pies
- HS: Cory suggested coffee. Gabe wanted to know if there could be a basket auction. Cory will check with the events committee
- Megan and Cory will have a pie throwing booth to throw pies at Cory and Megan: $5.00
- As the decision stands now; there will not be any time-off requests honored for the entirety on the Celebration Days (except for illness or death in the family).
- There was a request by staff for discernment and revisiting this issue related to the value of non-flexible days. It has been requested that this conversation include a component about: how much the school is asking of teachers in terms of celebrations, etc.
- Cory stated that there is an evolution of changing language in the intention of the conversation.
- It has been asked: Can there be a director present for all celebrations? According to Cory, except in the event of illness-one director will be present for celebrations
- What about special considerations and solutions/special requests sent to a faculty team in order to get feedback from fellow-faculty members.
- Cory expressed appreciation to faculty for the sentiments on the card for Megan.