Full-time Faculty 10/29/14
Staff Meeting 10/29/2014
*Best Practices Presentation by Ann on challenges related to “being empowered” and more actively participatory
*Parent meeting is to be planned at every grade level before Nov. 22, 2014
*There will be a Festival of Light and each class needs to prepare a presentation.
*K-5 break out for parent conferences, MS work, HS will work on classroom procedures. Some folks will be working on capital campaign bulletin board and Fall Festival.
*Cory stated that each of the festival committees need to make a proposal to Megan ahead of time for staff meeting assistance on their particular festival for the faculty meeting a week or so before that meeting so that those needs can be negotiated.
- Gabe said they are in pretty good shape, volunteers for document
- Ann stated that the Fall Festival committee still needs folks to man stations: Specifics will be on the sign-up sheet in Google Docs.
- Play will be happening at Sword and the Stone.
- Weather is inclement weather things will be in gym.
- Everything will be set up by 10 AM.
- Parent volunteers were recruited from specific parents in lower grades and all HS and MS students. Parent volunteer hours requirements can be met this way.
9:50 older buddies meet at younger buddies.
At 10 Meet at Sword and Stone/ Performance Audience gather on opposite side. (About 20 minute performance for transition and the play itself. )
At the conclusion of the play, students will walk down to the lower field with their buddies. They will send out a copy of a map for where the various stations will be placed.
- Encourage parents to send students with hats and scarves. Low to mid 40 temps projected.
- Courtney: What still needs to be done that we can do? Refer back to the Google Doc sign-up for details about what still needs to be done.
- MS will assist with clean-up. For clean-up students and volunteers will store/sort materials in the hall way of the bathhouse. All of these things will ultimately go into shed.
*100% faculty participation for capital campaign.
*Elementary team led by Aaron created the capital campaign board. Kudos to Aaron and the team.