Faculty Meeting Notes, 11/4/15
- River did a Best Practice presentation on listening, sound and brain waves.
- Lots of moving pieces with gym, including the play (students during the day and scheduled play rehearsal, the parade (back half of the gym closed down).
- There is a posted rainy day schedule. Please search for the “official rainy schedule.” During this week, both groups for each time frame will be sharing one half of the gym.
- Please remember to have students put balls and materials away. Please put dodge balls in the bag.
- Andy will ask the church about moving the chairs to the other side in preparation for the upcoming dramatic performance.
- Materials and storage. Deflated balls can be gathered up by older students and re-inflated.
- Please check all materials in lost and found / backstage. They will all disappear and be donated to Goodwill.
- Ellen wants to find all of the parts of her good blender. Please let her know if you have seen it! She’s missing a lid.
- Conferences on 12th and 13th. Please use faculty handbook as a reference for the conference periods.
- Please check it and raise any questions. Upper grades will write up a summary following the conference.
- All grades will be posted on Renweb and need to be shared from teacher to teacher via Renweb. Megan will check out how this is done.
- Parents who need to reschedule can be rescheduled during a specific time frame. Add to list during orientation that these are the two days we have. Have class parents send out e-mail if there are multiple parents who want alternative scheduling.
- Please send Megan an e-mail about your feedback about the workshop. This would also support Steve Torma as a teacher.
Movie Nights/ Babysitting
- Courtney has requested the high school to babysit pre-school. Unlike the movie night, there will be several activity choices. Pizza will be offered. The focus is on pre-school and is not intended for older children. A request was made for the teachers of older students (Early K/1 and above to send out an e-mail establishing the grade level focus on pre-K for this activity. This came under some degree of discussion.
- The MS students perceive a conflict with their movie nights. Gabe does not feel that there is a conflict of interest and that it could be beneficial for the MS as a step towards consistently.
- Cory has requested that HS students and/ or student council send her information for community distribution via e-mail.